- In this Retail TrendWatch blog series, we’ll highlight each trend with the top stats you need to consider as you market your products and brand in 2022.
- Social media has a front road seat for advertisers and shoppers when it comes to new purchases and brand awareness.
- Don’t be so quick to discount print or direct mail — instead, pair it with social and digital marketing for even better results.
In our recent report — 2022 Retail TrendWatch — we uncovered insight from 1,840 consumers and 268 home retailers. Consumers provided their spending priorities and buying outlook for 2022, while retailers shared their insight on the biggest marketing and operational challenges in 2022.
Mobile + mailbox
Did you know 70 percent of people go online to purchase or research a product after seeing a print ad? The power of print can supplement your digital strategy.
Everyone has their favorite
Retailers have their favorite ways to get the word out about their brand and products. Consumers also have their preferred methods to learn about new brands and products.
Retailers love the effectiveness of social media but consumers value what they see and read in print.
Social causes a shift but doesn’t dominate spend
According to our retail industry survey, digital, print and social will see the greatest increase in media spend.
- 54% plan to increase social media spend
- 53% plan to increase digital media spend
- 40% plan to increase print media spend
However, print and direct mail still represent most of the total media budget.
Tell me something new
When it comes to shopping at a new store or website, every generation is swayed by something slightly different.
Learn more by reading the other blogs in this series: Do It Yourself + Treat Yourself, Value + Values, and Relevancy + Immediacy. You can also download the full report for more perspective, stats, action items, and recommendations.
Matthew Tilley is executive director of marketing for Vericast and leads content marketing for the company. He has more than 20 years of experience in digital advertising and consumer promotions to develop, communicate and distribute ideas to make modern marketers more effective.