The ability to map the entire customer journey is valuable in today’s marketing world. Having a Customer Data Platform gives marketers the insight they need to create a personalized experience for every customer.
David Raab is the Founder and CEO of the CDP Institute, where his mission is to educate companies on how to use their customer data. David has spent most of his career as a marketing technology consultant, and six years ago decided to create the CDP Institute. In this episode, David talks about what a Customer Data Platform is and why it matters.
Join us as we discuss:
- What is a Customer Data Platform (CDP)
- Some of the use cases for a Customer Data Platform and how marketers can take advantage of a CDP
- Where the concept of unified platforms for consumer optimization came from, and where does the industry as a whole stand today
- The best place to start for marketers who want to implement a CDP
- Some things marketers need to watch out for as they implement CDPs into their marketing stack
About the Series…
If you’re looking for a community of marketers unwilling to settle for “good enough,” you’ve come to the right place.
Business to Human is a podcast that curates conversations with marketing leaders sharing the breakthrough marketing strategies that actually connect with people. Each episode shines a light on tough challenges, inevitable failures and heroic victories. We explore the common threads between every unique marketing challenge and the characteristics of each individual situation. Everyone thinks they can do marketing, but Business to Human proves marketing that can really connect with its audience is a bonafide superpower.
Welcome to Business to Human!